Thursday, March 8, 2012

pizza spaghetti bake

I don't know about you, but sometimes I need a night all to myself. No gym, no diet, no stress, and probably some nail painting too :) Tonight I definitely needed an erin night filled with Project Runway Allstars, yellow nails, a glass of wine, and this recipe for a pizza spaghetti bake from The Kitchen Is My Playground. I don't know how I stumbled upon this dish, but after a long day at work, it's exactly what I was craving.

I vegatized my casserole with some faux sausage, spinach, onions, and soy cheese, layered everything in a tiny dish according to the original recipe, and 30 minutes later, I dug into a hot, gooey, carb-loaded dinner. So good.
For next time, I think I'll add some salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning for a little extra flavor. Also, I think it would help to mix in some sauce with the noodle layer, so it's a little less dry on the bottom. Otherwise, this was everything I wanted for Erin Night. It was hot, tasty, easy to prepare, and comforting. My belly is full, my nails look great, and Mondo is still in the running for Project Runway All Stars. Erin Night is a success. I feel better already :)

No comments:

Post a Comment