Monday, March 19, 2012

peanut butter oatmeal puppy treats

I've said it before, and I'll say it again- the best gifts are food gifts. A million dollars would probably trump that, but until it happens, I'm going to stick with food. I know I love receiving tasty treats, so I thought, why wouldn't our furry friends like the same thing? A few weekends ago I got the chance to see some of my best friends and my parents in the same few days, and I thought it was the perfect opportunity to bake up some goodies for all my favorite pups.

I surfed around the web looking for a good recipe, and I finally decided on this one at Jun-blog, because it looked easy, and had just a handful of good, quality ingredients. I added a little more peanut butter and swapped out chicken broth for veggie stock, but otherwise, the dough came together quickly, it made about 3 dozen little star shaped treats, and I'm told all the dogs that got them loved them! :)
Here's Ichabod and one of his playmates patiently waiting for a peanut butter oatmeal treat! Aren't they adorable?My bashful border collie, Maggie also enjoyed hers, even though she looks moderately terrified. She tends to hate children, hoola hoops, and cameras.
Unfortunately, I can't personally attest to the deliciousness of these treats, but as long as the puppies are happy, I'm happy too. Sounds like this recipe is a success. I can't wait to spoil all my favorite dogs again next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment