Sunday, January 29, 2012

8 week health challenge

Every time a new year comes around, I decide that this is the year to get healthy. I vow to drink more water, eat better, and workout like crazy until I finally look like a Victoria's Secret model. Of course, the New Year's hangover is followed by my birthday, which is followed by an annual trip to Utah, which is followed by my best friend's birthday, which is followed by Valentine's and Mardi Gras and another birthday etc etc etc. It just seems like there's never a good time to actually stop celebrating and get fit... until now!

A handful of my friends and I, are starting an 8 week health challenge tomorrow. One of my coworkers found it on the Six Sisters Stuff Blog, and we all decided that it sounds like a great way to be healthy and lose weight together! The basis of the challenge is all about promoting healthy behavior- drinking water, eating fruits and veggies, working out, and avoiding sweets. There's also a cash prize to the 2 people who lose the most weight, and live the healthiest at the end of the 8 weeks. Sounds pretty fun right?

If you check out the challenge, and decide you like the sound of it, join in! I'm super excited to get started tomorrow- I already have all my green smoothie ingredients chopped and ready in the fridge! I'll keep you updated on my challenge progress- I plan to eat tons of tasty meat-free meals and lose weight while doing it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment